The ROBI Association invites you Monday, April 13, 2009 between the hours of 12:30 and 16:30 in front of Bucharest City Hall, in a show of support for the only measures capable of solving the problem of homeless dogs and cats. Sorin Oprescu, the Mayor General, understood the situation related to this problem and chose the option most beneficial to the citizens of Bucharest. He is also the first mayor in Romania who wishes to solve this problem. Guess who opposed the ONG proposal that matches the intentions of the Mayor? Precisely those who should have supported it: the general councilmen.
Q: Do you have an idea who stands to benefit from the presence of homeless animals in the streets?
A: Those responsible for the management of homeless dogs.
Bucharest = a fortunate city regarding the path taken for the protection of animals
Oprescu= a decisive mayor, unlike any other
Today, February 23, 2009, a debate on the proposed decision regarding the detainment and population control for dogs and cats in the municipality of Bucharest took place at City Hall. Those who participated in the debate were individuals interested in the acute problems related to companion animals in general, namely:
– the issue of dogs who have owners, yet, because they are allowed to breed and the offspring are dumped onto public property creates the second problem:
– the issue of homeless dogs
Could it be that the homeless dog problem is unsolvable in the 21st Century? Absolutely not!
It would be easy to solve if:
– the authorities would want to solve it
– no owner of companion animals would abandon a dog or cat
– animal lovers would direct their efforts towards understanding this apparently unsolvable problem, so as to mobilize efforts and obtain real results
– the program of “spay/neuter & release” vehemently supported by certain foundations for animal protection CAN NOT solve the homeless animals problem without measures taken to also prevent and stop abandonment Continue reading